Our prime priority is the customer satisfaction. Thus the following functions are just a brief outline of the role of our merchandisers.
- market information. Reg: new developments in resources and products.
- Appraise vendors of buyers requirements
- effective costing and price negotiation
- communication with buyers on a daily basis
- counter checking - Online checking on product quality
- weekly reports to customers, highlighting product status, shipping information, sample status and other customized reports on demand.
A Standard quality level is maintained to ensure effective quality control. Some of these include,
- sample appraisal
- factory evaluation
- identify and pre-empt production problem during pre production meetings.
- analyze quality data and correlate results with buyers audits.
- monitor laboratory test results and match against local testing data
- maintain accurate product detail and records.
Management Information System
Communication between the buyer and vendor is of prime importance. Our management information system departments have made the paper work something of the past. with existence of local area network of information is processed and transferred through computers, for example
- maintain and upgrade computer equipments
- maintain network efficiency
- facilitate a high technology approach through email system.
- development operation maintain system.
- involvement in the human resources aspect of computing for staff members.
Traffic and Shipping
Maintaining vigil on quota our shipping department caters the need to ensure timely delivey of consignment to its destination. Also ensuring proper and effective procedures are followed regarding documentation, Letter of credit, Shipping lines and Airlines.
- checking incoming documents for accuracy and completeness
- tracking shipment during transit
- co-ordinate the schedule and delivery importers
- co-ordinate of shipping of requirements
- reducing documentation delays.
- maintaining vigil on quota prices and utilization.